I was tagged by Mischenko from @ReadRantRockandRoll to participate in the Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag. Be sure to check out her blog for some incredibly thoughtful reviews and musings on books, movies, music, and a lot more.
This tag was created by Jenn @Jenniely with the purpose of finding out just how naughty or nice we all are with our book habits. Don’t worry. The results shouldn’t affect how many books you’ll be gifted this year. And hey, self-reflection is always good right before the end of the year, right? With that in mind, here we go:
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it. X
- Technically, yes. I have a few ARCs in the pipeline, waiting for reviews. But I will get to them!
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley.
- I’m currently sitting at 80%.
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did). X
- Yup. And I still feel guilty about it.
4. Folded down the page of a book.
- Never. I’ve used some questionable bookmarks, but I will not fold pages.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book. X
- Third grade. My hot chocolate met my school library’s copy of Leprechauns Don’t Play Basketball by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Jones.
6. DNF a book this year. X
- Yes. I don’t like doing it, but I’m beyond the point of trudging through books I have no interest in.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it.
- I buy books for all sorts of reasons, but always with the intent to read.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework). X
- Literally all the time.
9. Skim read a book. X
- Antigone was an assigned reading six different times during my undergrad. Sometimes you have to skim.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal.
- I’ve never done this, but I always set goals I’m certain I can complete.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it.
- When I was in sixth grade, my teacher loaned me a copy of Which Witch? by Eva Ibbotson … I still have it on my bookshelf.
12. Broke a book buying ban. X
- The day I don’t break a book buying ban is the day people need to start worrying about me.
13. Started a review, left it for ages, then forgot what the book was about. X
- Yup. And it’s been incredibly informative in terms of how much I actually liked said book.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads. X
- I’ve gotten a lot better about this, but I still sometimes stumble across books I’ve read and haven’t added.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend. X
- I might be bad with teachers’ books, but not friends.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book. X
- Only for a few very specific books, which I won’t mention in case anyone sees this and wants to borrow them.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book.
- Yikes. No, thankfully.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged. X
- The second I take the dust jacket off, without fail, it gets crushed under something.
20. Sat on a book accidentally. X
- I’m worse about sitting on my Kindle.
Final Total: 12/20
A little naughty then, I guess? How about the rest of you?
- Copy the list above.
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done.
- Tag & link the person who tagged you.
- Tag and link Jenn @Jenniely.
- Tag 10 people!
To go along with my naughty streak, I’m not following the rules. I’m tagging anyone who wants to do this tag! So, if you’re interested in participating, start with the rules above … and then decide which to follow.