Well, I told myself I would only participate in one reading challenge next year, but I should know better than to make a promise that would deprive me of books. Thanks to the wonderful Jonetta at Blue Mood Café, I discovered the 2019 Library Love Challenge hosted by Angel at Angel’s Guilty Pleasures.
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- Put up a post on your blog about the challenge or dedicate a shelf on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
- Read at least 12 books from the library. There’s no maximum or limit, so keep those librarians busy.
- All formats (print, e-books, or audiobooks, etc.) are welcome. If it came from the library, it counts.
- No genre shaming here. Read whatever you want.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed, including re-reads.
- Use #LibraryLoveChallenge when sharing reviews, library pictures, etc.
- There’s also a giveaway, if you need more incentive.
- Dewey Decimal: Read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: Read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books
- Library Addict: Read 48 books
- Library Card on Fire: Read 60+ books
I’m dedicated to my public library— got the MLIS, the cardigan, and everything. So I’m aiming for Library Card on Fire … We’ll see how this goes. Anyone else planning on over 60 checkouts next year? Sign up here.
Even if you don’t choose to participate in this challenge, be sure to support your local library in 2019 and beyond. And happy reading!